Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Valentine Door Wreath



Today I went upstairs to "clean" my craft room.  And then I saw my sad cork board and thought - "I want to put fabric on this and paint it up.  So I began scavenging through my fabric tote.  Next thing I know I am on the floor trying to figure out how to make a wreath I saw on Girl Creative.  It was so cute, but I wanted mine to be more full.  So I fiddled around with the hanger and some fabric.  I thought maybe extra fabric on the hanger before I started might make it fuller but then the fabric wouldn't slide.  Eventually I figured out that if I used a little wider fabric (then the ribbon she used) that it would make it fuller.  So then away I went.  {On the floor - because why would I clear off the table to do it.}
I cut my fabric strips about 1 to 1 1/2 inch by 6-8 inches long.  I used tulle and used about a 3 inch by 6 inch piece. 


Pink and white scraps of fabric


brown scraps of fabric
Basically once again all from scraps in my stash and a ribbon from a present from my daughter's birthday last week.
Here is an inbetween stage.  All you do is tie a single knot on to the wire hanger.  I turned my hanger around so the hook was in the top of the wreath.  I did have to do some twisting of the wire once I cut the hook off.

Then later that night I showed my friend Liberty and ta-da.  She made one too.


I think I like it better on a brown door. . . mmm should I paint my door to match. . . HEE!HEE!

I took probably less then an hour to make and it brightens up my door and Liberty's doors.  About the only time of year I can decorate with pink and not get weird looks from my hubby.  I'm liken' this Valentines decorating.  {Hopefully my house will get clean if I stay out of my craft room, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. hee,hee.}

7 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks great! Yours came out soooooooo good! :)

    Following.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it....and yes I think you should paint your door brown....hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this... i might just have to make one now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just linked over here from Sew, Mama, Sew's Valentine post and I ♥ this wreath!!! But I do have to admit, I think I love the name of your blog even better. I laughed! Because, I too, can never seem to think of these wonderful creations myself, and am so grateful for all the lovely women that do! They all keep me coming back because I can't wait to see what's next. So I can copy it, of course! lol! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. My door is brown stain. I've got to make one before this weekend. I am planning on making a tutu this week to go with a crochet baby hat I ordered from Etsy. Grandbaby girl coming in March. Thanks for sharing. I hope were not iced in too long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome one! I think I should start getting crafty now! Your blog inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wreath ::) http://felting.craftgossip.com/2014/01/30/valentine-door-wreath/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails