Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Activity Bag

I made this for an older boy {mine is 11}...and finding fabric was a little tricky, they don't make much for older boys.

I used the idea from Moda Bake Shop and re-designed my bag for an older boy. I used the same basic idea as this tote bag tutorial {minus the ruffle} and added the marker/colored pencil slots on the outside of the bag. I made the pencil slots 3/4" on one side and 1" on the other side. I wanted colored pencils to fit nice and snug and not fall out. The sides are also pockets, so the pockets on the outside go all the way around. There is one small pocket on the inside, just a left over scrap piece.

I'm very happy with how it turned out.



Photobucket



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Liberty,
    I went ahead and linked these up for you! I have that same problem with Linky Tools...when it tells me to start over, I just click on the back arrow and click on the picture I'm trying to link again. It always works the 2nd time for me.

    Cute bag!! They would be fun to make for birthdays or Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I was wanting to make church bags for my kids and these would be perfect! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails