Monday, October 11, 2010

Baby Burp Cloths

I am getting really close to having this baby.  Actually unless she comes early I only have 18 days left until my scheduled c-section.  So I have been doing a little bit of nesting.  I really don't need cute burp cloths but I saw some on the web and decided that I would make some.  I really should be finishing up other projects that I need to get done before she gets here but these are super easy and took just a little bit of time.  It also used up some of my scraps and ribbon I have been collecting.  I bought the cloth diapers at Walmart and then cut the fabric to cover the center section.  Because I am lazy I just pinned on the fabric and then when I added the ribbon or ric rac I just sewed across both hoping I would catch the fabric underneath.  I folded the ends in to make it look nicer and serged the edge under the ribbon to help it be more finished.

Here are some of the other ones I made.  I just love some of the color combinations.  Although I really loved my collection of brown, pink and white.  (Please ignore that I didn't iron them before I took the picture. I figured I would probably have to wash them before I could use them and so what's the use of ironing them?)
Aren't they cute?  I love that I have so many cute options when this baby spits up.  Which if she is like her siblings we will need more then this set of 12. :(
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love your burpers! Where do you get the diapers? There are so many different kinds of diapers ie size, weight, quality. How did you decide on which to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the diapers at Wal-mart. They are Gerber Pre-folded Birdseye Cloth Diaper 12-Pack, White. I didn't really look at anything else. I just wanted something that would absorb spit up. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails