Sunday, November 7, 2010

Don't wash your curtains!

I was being very productive on Monday....I cleaned the house, did 7 loads of laundry, cleaned the storage room, organized...you name it, i did it.

As I moved into the kitchen, I vacuumed all the cobwebs off the walls {and no, there were not Halloween decorations}...then I thought I would take down the curtains and wash them....well, that turned into a whole new project.

This is what they looked like when I put them back up



Seriously, they shrunk like 6" off the floor. {I hemmed them when I bought them because they were WAY too long}

So, now what am I going to do? I'm not going to have my curtains 6" off the floor. I could add a border on the bottom, but it would look kind of dumb. Then it hit me. The perfect solution.

About a month ago I was at Hobby Lobby and they had a piece of upholstery fabric on clearance for $2/yard. I bought a yard. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. But now I know.

I cut the curtains about 10" down from the top and added this.....



The top and bottom borders are denim and the middle is the upholstery fabric I got at Hobby Lobby. I LOVE them! They are perfect and even cuter than they were before I washed them.



and now they touch the floor again!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. wha la! was meant to be as you can see...I like it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can know about not washing your curtains with help of the post here. Useful information

    Curtains

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails